Friday, February 25, 2011

End of the Week

Yesterday I completed my little project.. I know, hard to believe right? I love the size and I think I'm going to try more small quilts like this.. super cute but a not super commitment.

I followed Monica's lead on the quilting, although I did mine on the machine using some heavier weight cotton thread, Auriful on the gray spool. I like this thread a lot for machine quilting, it has a nice sheen. I'm running out of this white color. I would give you the number, but I can't tell which is the color number on the spool. I don't think it's white, but maybe a step down. I should ask my friend Pat, she's got her own collection.

Yeah, I know, the binding isn't really finished, you can see the pins, but this was the last chance for a picture before it became too gloomy for the final ironing board finish. Did you see this news? Yes, that is snow on Saturday!!! SHOCKER.

So people, have a warm safe weekend! If there's any snow you'll see a photo of it come Monday morning! xo

16 Comments:

Blogger badlandsquilts said...

Cute little quilt! I love the blue!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

This is adorable. And now I need one for Sammi's quilt wall. (As if I have time for that! LOL) :-)

6:04 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

That is a very cute little quilt. Maybe I should try small ones. A lot of ideas can be tried if I keep them small.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

You've given me a new mantra to help me get through all the ideas--super cute without super commitment. Great advice!

Stay warm and have a great weekend!

7:29 AM  
Blogger MomWaldsPlace said...

Blue and white, always a winning combination. Great Job!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

Pam. I LOVE these blues. Seems like you're on a roll this week!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Thanks for the advise on the thread. Thread is a whole quilting subject unto itself. What to piece with, what to applique with, what to quilt with?

Love the little quilt and love your binding choice!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

That's ADORABLE PKM! I LOVE the blue!!!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Love it!!! I also love the fact it's small and doable in a day or weekend. Thanks for sharing!

11:59 AM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

Now I need one of those, something to set my mug of hot tea on!
Super cute, your Mom will love it:)
And hey, enjoy that snow ;)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:50 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Really cute. I think that most of the time the darlin' little projects get the nod----- yours makes me smile!

6:51 PM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

Cute cute CUTE! Totally worth cutting into your dolly dresses stash!!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

It is so cute. Little quilts! Love the idea.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

This project is stinkin' cute!

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

It's soooo happy and cute! I love it. Know what else I love??? The fact that dear, sweet, awesome in every way Pam has schmutz on her ironing board too!!! I feel connected :)

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older