Monday, March 07, 2011

Queen for a Day... or possibly a week.

So did you have a totally great weekend? Holy cow I did. It all started Friday when Free Quilt Patterns featured my little hexagon potholder on Facebook. I thought that was pretty cool. You know, everybody likes to be noticed, right? Then Saturday my good friend Alex asked me to stop by and visit her classroom over at Alden Lane.

Alden Lane is decked out in some serious spring time glory and if you're local you really really need to drop everything and get over there.

I love Alex. Seriously, she's smart and funny and generous and kind.. and I'm really really lucky to know her.

Then I came home and found out that I was the Blog of the Week Winner on AQS! Really really super cool. Thanks AQS for the honor!



It was such a nice day out Bret and I did some work out back .. more weeds.. well it keeps things in perspective that's for sure! Look at little girl Peep.. isn't she sweet? She came to sit in the weeds and watch. She's a Norwich Terrier but we have to periodically have her shaved down, she's a messy girl otherwise.

Then my hummingbird kept trying to get into the kitchen! (I really hope it wasn't for those sugar free cookies Bret eats!) I don't know what was going on with her, but we finally turned off all the lights inside and out and she just stayed clinging to the window there. (I guess I ought to put that red vase away, huh?)

She even let me pet her, it was the coolest thing ever. Pretty soon she zoomed off, thank goodness. I was a little bit afraid there for a while.
The whole day felt like a gift, you know? I guess I should think of every day like and maybe this was a reminder! Hope you had a wonderful weekend my very special friends. I treasure your friendship and thank you for all your kind comments and encouragement. xo

16 Comments:

Blogger ferne said...

When I worked at the nursery in San Jose the hummingbird babies would sit on your finger and it was the greatest feeling to hold a little hummer in your hand.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, spring, where are you? I love your pictures! Here in MI, everything is still covered with lots of snow! Sat PM, we got 4 more inches of the white stuff. It was really pretty though, as it covered the old, icky snow.

Humming birds are so sweet. Yes, they are attracted to all things red.

Have a great week!

Hugs, Karen

6:33 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

It sounds like you had a really fabulous weekend. I've never seen a hummingbird come so close. And I'm glad you had some Alex time :-) Congrats on the AQS Blog of the Week! You deserve it!

6:41 AM  
Blogger karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing Spring!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

My sincere congratulations to
The Queen!
xx
Lori

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummingbirds are magical. Lizzie And congratulations!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- she let you pet her? That's Amazing and Wonderful!

Congratulations on your AQS award!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jan Marie said...

So glad you had a weekend that reminded you and your readers of the gifts of each day. We get so busy we forget. Thanks

9:08 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Glad your weekend was nice. You deserve to get noticed!!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Sounds like a perfect few days, Spring is on its way I think!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I always feel like that's what heaven will be like. We'll be able to pet all the animals, hummingbirds, deer, lions, all of them. They won't fear us!

Congrats on the AQS award!!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Penny says ..........
Congrats on the AQS blog award ~ you deserve it! I do so look forward to reading your blog w/ the most awesome pics - always starts a cheery day for me!! Love how sharing you are w/ projects, plants & now that cute little hummingbird!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Congratulations! A beautiful weekend all around ~ sharing something wonderful you created, a lovely visit with a friend, a well-deserved award and a new little friend. All that hard work was worth it.

If only you'd bought a Powerball ticket!

Peep is a cutie.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

AQS blog of the week AND a humming bird lest you pet it. Even the animal kingdom knows who's golden!

Congratulations and I heart you PamKittyDoolittle!!

1:51 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

WOWSA! you DID have a great weekend, maybe your tiny winged visitor is a good luck charm:)
Naaaah, it's all of that great talent of yours!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older