Friday, February 28, 2014

Confetti

Happy Friday my special peeps!  Hope your week has been a good one.  I've had a mix of home days and work days this week, all of them good.  Plus we've had some great rain here, and even a thunderstorm! Exciting. 

spring
 
I've had some fun playing around with an idea.  Took a few minutes to cut out some fusible applique letters and shapes.  I'm hoping that it turns out as cute in real life as it seems in my head.   After running some errands I scooped up my little  mother, it was her birthday yesterday, and brought her over for some dinner and cake!  I ended up making  angel food cake, selfishly my favorite.  She couldn't decide what she wanted.  Back in the day I always had angel food cake on my birthday... only not the plain kind, the 'confetti' kind, which was angel food cake with sprinkles cooked in it so it was polka dotted. Came packaged in a mix, with the separate little sprinkles, like you couldn't just do it on your own.

Cake_AngelFood-Confetti_Detail_300x406
 
WHAT THE WHAT???? THEY STILL MAKE IT!!! I was hoping that I'd at least find some old 60's graphics and found this!!!   Wow. I'll be on the lookout now.  Holy cow. 

Ok, back to the studio today. IT'S ALMOST MARCH.  Yowsers.  Have a good weekend everyone! xo

 


6 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Have a great weekend Pam. Can't wait to see your project, looks cute! I am off to the Midwest today and then on to TX. Just got home from the NW. Not much sewing going on around here...sigh.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Your letters applique is looking lovely, and that must be the prettiest cake ever!!
Have a great weekend!
Helen xox

5:44 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Your love of polka dots is apparently a life long obsession. :) Can't wait to see your applique project!

7:25 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I saw that cake mix at my grocery store last week! I've had a lifelong obsession with sprinkles. Don't they make everything taste better? Maybe I can make it during this weekend's 6" snowstorm.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

My mom also always made me a angel food cake for my birthday.

She would add drops of food color to the batter and fold it in, just a little bit, no overmixing and then pour it in the tube pan.

The end result was ribbons of color in your cake. And different each time. The key really is not to over mix. Sooo pretty!

Happy birthday to your mom!

10:52 AM  
Blogger karen @ badlandsquilts said...

I remember my cousin always had that cake for his birthday and his mom always put dimes in the cake too.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older