Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday

Good morning and happy Tuesday!  I know. Late to the party this week. Did you have a good one?  It was busy here at Casa de Kitty, Saturday I had a sew day and it was awesome!  Debbie hosted and it was great as usual.  Deb came up from San Luis Obispo and she brought a fantastic cake from the  Madonna Inn.   You can see a photo on Instagram here.  We laughed and ate and sewed the day away.  I think we all got something done, I got the center of the pieced blocks done, and yesterday I finished those up.   I also even managed to get a couple of small projects bound.

blocks

Sunday we went to the birthday party for the son of a long time friend of ours. Of course I can't believe our friend Shawn is old enough to have a child to begin with, Mason turned 3 ! It's been a long time since we hung out where there were kids, holy cow! All that energy!


blocks
 
I'm now into blanket stitching on the Tulip Garden blocks and I love it. I will stitch all the reds, then the pink then the greens. I'm always curious how other people approach a project.  Do you finish each block before moving on? Or do you have some other method? 
 
No stitching for me this morning, I'm off to the dentist for my cleaning!  Hope you have a good day peoples! xo

3 Comments:

Blogger jan said...

Oh I miss SLO and the Madonna Inn and sourdough bread. I lived in SLO many years ago. early 80's. Love your blocks. I need to try machine blanket stitching.
xo jan

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMM the Madonna Inn's cake looks delish!! As for blanket stitching I prefer to work on each block as it is finished, BUT if it's a small wall hanging my choice is to blanket stitch after the sandwiching as it gives added depth to the fused pieces. I was fortunate to take a class from Cathy Hoover that involved blanket stitching.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

How lovely to have sewing friends. The tulip block is really cute. I like the style of these tulips!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older