Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Makin' it Cute!

Hi there! Today I'm makin' some cute stuff here with my super fun friends Barb and Mary and Fat Quarter Shop!   They've got some new Makin' it Cute templates, hearts and butterflies. I couldn't resist those hearts, especially the scalloped ones! 


Makin' it Cute

PINK!  I love pink and so I gathered up some pretty pinks to get started.  Last time I made flowers with the first set of Makin' it Cute templates, I found that free motion stitching worked the best for me, and I found that again, especially going around those little scallops!  It's a great way to practice your skills too!

Makin' it Cute
 
I knew first thing I was going to gussy up my apron from  the Modern Prairie Sewing  blog hop.  I put it on and pinned it on and it's super cute. What? You don't have an apron hanging on your fence?

Makin' it Cute
 
Frankie asked for the tiniest  heart to be sewn to a hair clip, so I did that.  I just whip stitched it on, it's just for decoration and not for function. 

Makin' it Cute

I think the shapes are adorable. Don't you think they'd be cute cut from scrap paper and used for decoration on a package? It's almost time for the holidays! I love he scalloped hearts, and think they'd make perfect appliques.

Makin' it Cute
 
LOOK AT THEM! I can't get over the cuteness! And I don't have to !  Head over to the Fat Quarter Shop and check out what everyone else is working on! I know there are some clever people on the list!  Then head to Barb and Mary's, they have a million ideas and they're all fun and totally adorable. 
Thanks for coming ! xop

10 Comments:

Blogger  Jill at emeraldcottage said...

They are really cute, aren't they, and I love those fabrics :) I have a pink fan in the house, must attempt some clips for her! May be back to ask advice on attaching for durability!
It's been lovely to see your blog, and would be great to see you over at mine on emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk
Jillxo

5:13 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

So sweet! I will make a few to tuck in some little girls Christmas stockings!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

Those are adorable!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam!
Are you familiar with Ifoundaquiltedheart.com
These little hearts would be perfect for that. I have scattered them, and it is so rewarding to see the replys when people find them. When you get a chance check out the site.

Thanks for all the beautiful things you make. I always enjoy hearing from you!
Hugs
Sharlene

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another cute project today! I don't know how you get it all done when I think about how close your trip to quilt market is.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Billy'sgirl said...

Those hearts are so sweet and girly! Love them!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Shequiltzwitit said...

Great fabrics! Your eye for pattern/color is heart on!��

10:11 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

So sweet! Such a cute project.

6:39 PM  
Blogger OhioLori said...

Love Love Looooove your Hearts..& projects!!! AWESOME!!!!!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Oooh… you did make those cute!!!!!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older