Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Sewing Fun

Hi there!  How's it going?  I see lots of Christmas trees popping up all over, are you ready? I haven't done a thing, except enjoy everyone elses decorations!  There's still time though! 
 
I have a couple of in progress projects you know, but right now I'm waiting on fabric.  In the mean time I'm trying to get motivated to start another project, but I'm not sure what I  want to work on.  I'm trying hard to find things to take pictures and blog about besides my view of the tv for Law and Order time, or the vacuum or the grocers parking lot.  So I got a brilliant idea that I'd make some potholders.  Last summer I made a potholder using Amy's great tutorial and I was pretty pleased how it turned out.  
 
 
potholder
 
Being overly confident I forged ahead to make another.  However, I didn't really read past the dimensions and that was the first of many horrible mistakes.  So bad, that the resulting potholder is barely fit for human use, let along viewing.  Kind of like in the horror movies when something goes terribly wrong with a cloning experiment and there's just a blob laying there.  Lets just hush up that experiment.  
 
Enter Lee's great hexagon log cabin block tutorial.  I used my tablet to go to and from the cutting table when working on this project, as I'm a little challenged visually when it comes to the angles and keeping things even. I started with a smaller center hexagon, I used my Go! Baby to cut my hexes.

hexlogcabin
 
I stopped and grabbed a photo while there was still some light.  I'll finish this one up and try for another.  Then I'll have a pair.  It's super fun.
 
Ok, that's what I worked on yesterday.  After my trip to Target in the pouring rain.  But OMG RAIN.  Couldn't  be better.

16 Comments:

Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

So happy California is getting some much needed rain.
I'm kind of lovin' the fact that you can be challenged by angles and can mess up projects... makes me feel a little more normal! :-D Thanks for the links. I think I need to whip out a few potholders. I have not even started Holiday gifts.

5:43 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

I don't have a go cutter. Can't justify if. LOL. My mom lives in Santa Barbara and they are getting rain too. Here in Southern Colorado, we are bone dry.

I'm working on Lori Holt's instagram projects. I'm finishing up the Christmas wall hanging and then I'll move on to the Snowman project! I didn't really need another Christmas wall hanging but I couldn't resist.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

If your pot holder is too small, give it to a child who likes to help her mom cook! You could even make her a matching apron!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Auntie Pami said...

Can't wait for the rain! I must be turning into a true Arizonan

7:14 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Yay for RAIN!!!! That red potholder is adorable. And any mention of cloning experiment gone wrong always makes me think of the movie The Fly. "Help Me. Help Me." LOL!!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love the potholder, but anything in your fabric is bound to be super duper cute!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brilliant idea Missy Shay! Everything can be turned into something else!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

I'll trade the rain for the snow we had today :)! Love your little pot holder. Any chance your other pot holder would be for a little girl's hand - someone will enjoy it.

4:31 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh yea! The rain is the best even got to wear boots and not feel like I was playing dress up! Cute little project, jealous cause I have to wait til Sat to sew...sigh.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

I agree with Mary, everything is super cute in PKM fabrics! I have to try making this adorable pot holder, it would make a great gift.

8:41 AM  
Blogger reguvardan said...

News4andhra is an Entertainment portal provides you information about Telugu Film Reviews, Tollywood News, Telugu Politics News, Celebrity news, cinema news, box office collections, Telugu Movie Reviews and more at one place

New Telugu Film Ratings

Latest Telugu Movie Reviews

11:22 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Your potholder is very cute, Pam! And the recipe print is perfect. I actually love those old horror movies and I watched The Mummy's Ghost last night on Svengoolie! Luckily the rain here FINALLY stopped after a week!

5:55 PM  
Blogger مانجو said...


جميعا نريد حياه مستقرة ونريد بيت نظيف خالي من الاتربة والاوساخ
جميعا نيرد مكان هادي وصحي
نريد اسعار وخدمة كبرى
التنظيف يشمل كل اماكن المنزل مثل الشبابيك والحمامات والمطابخ والدرج وايضا تنظيف خاص للخزانات الارضية والعلوية
شركة تنظيف بالدمام






8:11 PM  
Blogger شركة مكافحة الحشرات said...

مبيد النمل الابيض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات
غسيل مكيفات
شركة غسيل مكيفات
افضل شركة تنظيف مكيفات
كم سعر غسيل مكيف اسبليت
اسعار غسيل المكيفات
شركات غسيل مكيفات

3:28 PM  
Blogger شركة مكافحة الحشرات said...

شركة مكافحة الفئران
القضاء على الفئران
مكافحة النمل
مكافحة حشرات الفراش
مكافحة نمل الخشب
رش حشرات المدارس
مكافحة النمل الأبيض

3:29 PM  
Anonymous شركة تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة said...

شركة تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older