Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Droning on

Good morning!  Did you see all the cute single wedding ring blocks yesterday! I have to confess, Greg's just blew me away, his quilt turned out so awesome. You can head over to the Jolly Jabber, they have a fun free pattern for the block,  it's part of their Classic and Vintage series.   I got busy making a block right away just for the fun of it. 

single wedding ring
 
I made my triangles bigger and trimmed down, I'm a little disappointed in how  wrinkly it looks. I even tried pressing my seams open on the rows.  I guess I'm still in search of that illusive picture perfect block I see Greg and so many people making.  This block is starched within an inch of it's life.. all I can think is steam is my enemy. My problems all start when I join the pieces. Stitched into a quilt, quilted and laundered it's fine, so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

drone
 
In weird neighborhood news, Sunday we saw a drone flying around, you can see that spec by the palm tree on the left.  It was all around that side of the street and towards the back of those houses.  Bret and I really got going on some conspiracy theories while we watched it and I tried a thousand times to get the pictures.  We watch a lot of crazy TV.

drone
 
Turns out it was a neighbor flying his new drone for fun.  After all the theories it was almost a disappointment, but it was good for a laugh.  I've lived in this neighborhood over thirty years, as far as I know it's really not all that exciting.  Maybe if I had a drone I'd know otherwise!
 
That's it for today! Hope you're having fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger Junebug said...

Can't our mind come up with wonderful things and some far out thoughts!! I know my mind is dreaming up what I am going to do with the Cosmo floss I won! Thank you again!!

6:43 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Your block is very cute, Pam, and it looks like mine! I hope that you keep going and make more of them!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Love your block! I too fell in love with Greg's quilt and went digging through my stash to find fabrics to duplicate his. I don't have many light backgrounds, but am liking yours too :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I like your block! I have decided that my blocks will never look as good as other people, it helps me not to stress about it. LOL

8:03 AM  
Blogger katie jean said...

Love your block! I think it is the steam. Mine does that sometimes too. p.s. My 13 year old son has a few drones like that. They are ones that he even built. It's all just amazing stuff to me!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older