Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Hit and Miss

Good morning! Hope your three day weekend (if indeed you had one) was a nice one!  I barely remember what we did with our time, with the exception of a traffic filled trip to Santa Cruz.  Seriously, the traffic was unbelievable even for me. We would never have left town on a holiday under normal circumstances, but we're helping Frankie with some apartment hunting over at the coast.  I guess the rule of thumb is, don't get in the way of people who want to get to the beach.

Block testing
 
But back to a kinder gentler world, I got some sewing in.  I have loved variations of this block for years, first in country sunflower colors, and now in my favorite Pam Kitty colors. It's a great block and there are so many variations.  While on Pinterest I saw a vintage quilt that reminded me of the block and I got out my graph paper and went to town. 

block testing
 
This kind of piecing, where all those triangles meet, is my area of weakness.  So it will be fun to get some practice in for better matches.    Camille used to have a great pattern, I believe named Red Velvet, that used a very clever technique for making this block. (scroll a little in that post to see the quilt) I don't believe she offers that pattern anymore.  Anyway, it was fun, and hopefully I can get some more blocks made in between a lot of activity we have going on around here. There's been a lot of good sewing tv lately, and that's been fun.
 
Ok, short week!  Hope it's a good one for us all! xo

6 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Just love this block with the pink and gray fabrics. Beautiful!!

4:55 AM  
Blogger elizabeth ann clawson said...

That is the prettiest block I've ever seen ✨ sigh...

8:34 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Sooo beautiful, Pam! I love it!
Helen xox

9:00 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

so very sweet and thats a very good thing!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Elaine K said...

Sooo pretty! I love working with Fog City Kitty. 💕

11:46 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

I want to see more blocks. It really is so pretty.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older