Monday, October 19, 2015

Cherry Baskets

Hi Happy Monday!  Yesterday it actually felt  a bit like fall.. ok not cold, but cooler and there were lots of leaves and the slightest hint there might be rain.  I mean, no actual rain at all,  but still.  It seemed fall like.  Then we had a bbq, which isn't at all fall!

Anyway, today I want to share this beautiful quilt by my friend Kanako. It was hanging in the PIQF show this past week end. I had met Kanako and  Keiko for lunch earlier this year and Kanako was telling  me at that time about a quilt she'd designed using Pam Kitty Garden. 


Kanako and Cherry Basket
 
Here she is with her quilt.  She and Keiko had made Farmers Market Totes as well, hers coordinates with her quilt. So cute!

Kanako's Quilt
 
You can read about her inspiration here.

Kanako's Quilt
 
I love the and quilted motifs in the setting squares, as well as the hand quilted (in blue) scallops.  Those Irish chain  pieces are 1 inch finished square I believe.   And those bits of yellow that brighten up the chains.. inspired.  I love everything about it.

Kanako's Quilt
 
I think one of the best things about having  fabric is seeing how other people use it in their own creations.  I'm inspired by how people combine fabrics and colors in ways that I didn't imagine.
 
Thanks to Kanako and Keiko for sending me photos to share with you. 
 
Here's to a fine week for all of us! Happy sewing! xo
 

5 Comments:

Blogger GO STARS! said...

I love the baskets in the border. A beautiful quilt.

5:47 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

What a lovely quilt! And the baskets in the corners of the borders, wow! Thanks for sharing with us. My timing is a week off for PQIF, headed up on Wed for the Th night Niners game, should have gone earlier.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

TINY SQUARES! I'm way to imperfect to attempt a postage stamp project. Lovely quilt with lovely fabric. Nice people.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Kanako said...

Thank you Pam! I feel very much honored.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Pam, thanks for sharing this beautiful quilt made from your fabrics. Such remarkable workmanship and I am in love with all the precious baskets!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older